Who can apply for coverage?

International students and returning Canadians, who are not (yet) insured or eligible for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan, and who are registered for and attending a FULL-TIME study program in Canada are eligible to purchase the AGA International Students to Canada Plan. You must be under age 60, be in good health and know of no reason to seek treatment or medical consultation as of the time you apply for coverage and as of the policy effective date.

If you have a spouse and/or dependent children who will reside with you in Canada during your study term, you may apply to have them covered as dependents on your policy. Please see the definition of Spouse and Dependent Child below, or in the policy wording.

The following are the official terms of eligibility in the insurance policy:

To be eligible for coverage a person must:
a) be a student; or
b) be a dependent child or the spouse of an eligible insured student; and
c) as of the effective date, be less than 60 years of age; and
d) not be insured or eligible for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan; and
e) be in good health at the time you purchase your policy and on the effective date, and know of no reason to seek treatment or medical consultation during the period of coverage.

Student means a person
a) whose country of origin is not Canada and who is residing in Canada on a temporary basis; and
b) who: i) is registered at a school, college, university or other government accredited educational institution in Canada and attends classes as a full-time student, as defined by the institution; or ii) remains in Canada for up to one year immediately after completion of studies as described above, and who is working or has applied to work in a field related to the studies completed.

Country of Origin means the country in which you maintained a permanent residence prior to entry into Canada or, if different, the country which issued your passport. If you have more than one passport, country of origin will be the country you indicated as such when applying for this insurance.

Spouse means a person less than 60 years of age, who:
a) is legally married to you; or is
b) a person who has been living with you in a common-law relationship for a period of at least 12 consecutive months

Dependent children means your unmarried children who:
a) reside with you; and
b) are financially dependent on you; and
c) are at least 15 days old and no more than 21 years old

Note: Part-Time students, Regent College employees, visiting instructors, post-doctorate fellows, and other Non-Student affiliates who need temporary hospital and medical coverage:

Please contact DCIS for a quotation of a 'non-student' medical insurance plan.

To enrol for the Global Campus Health Plan:

Complete and send the application form which you can find on the homepage to David Cummings Insurance Services (DCIS).

Email applications by scanning and attaching your documents to student@david-cummings.com.

Fax applications (with a credit card payment) to 604-228-9807

Mail applications (with a cheque, money order, or credit card payment) to:

David Cummings Insurance Services
350 - 2083 Alma Street
Vancouver, BC V6R 4N6