Who can apply for coverage?

International students (including practicum students), returning Canadians registered for part-time or full-time study at University of British Columbia are eligible to purchase the Global Campus Health Plan (GCHP). You must be under age 65 to apply for this plan.

If you have family who will reside with, or visit you during your study term, you may apply to have them covered as dependents on your policy.

Note to UBC employees, visiting instructors, and post-doctorate fellows who need temporary hospital and medical coverage: Please contact DCIS for a quotation of a 'non-student' medical insurance plan.

To enroll for the Global Campus Health Plan:

Complete and send the application form.

Email applications by scanning and attaching your documents to DCIS.

Fax applications (with a credit card payment) to 604-228-9807

Mail applications (with a cheque, money order, or credit card payment) to:

David Cummings Insurance Services
350 - 2083 Alma Street
Vancouver, BC V6R 4N6

Once your application has been received and approved by DCIS, we will send your medical insurance ID card via email address indicated on your application form.

Family Members

If you have a spouse/partner and/or dependent children who will reside with, or visit you during your study term, you may purchase GCHP coverage for them.
See the Family Members page